Jason Machaya is Zimbabwean Politician, member of Zanu-PF Political party. Machaya is former Minister of State for Midlands Province.
Trial on Abuse of Office Allegations
Trial of former Midlands Provincial Affairs Minister Jason Machaya, on charges of criminal abuse of office as a public officer after he allegedly unlawfully allocated residential stands in Gokwe, ended on 3 July 2020 but the Gweru magistrates’ court will give the verdict on July 30. Machaya is charged along with Chaisayanyerwa Chibururu. It is alleged Machaya allocated 17 799 stands to land developers, who in turn gave him 1 791 of which he sold 1 185, which was also inconsistent with his duties as the stands can only be allocated and distributed by the Minister of Local Government and Public Works.
Invovement in an Accident
Machaya was reportedly injured after he was involved in a car accident along the Harare-Gweru Road on 17 July 2016 after one of the front wheels of his Land Rover Discovery 4 came off before the car rolled several times. Read Full Article
Farm Mechanisation Scheme
In July 2020, Jaison Machaya (note different spelling used, may not be the same person) was listed, in the BSR of 18 July 2020, as a beneficiary in the 2007 RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme, as a result of the Fast Track Land Reform Programme.
The data is analysed by recipients origin:.
- Mashonaland provinces had the most beneficiaries, both in terms of numbers and value.
Mashonaland East got US$47,5 million,
Mashonaland West US$44,7 million
Mashonaland Central had US$34,2 million.
- Two Matebeleland provinces had a combined total of US$13,9 million.
- Masvingo US$26,4 million,
- Manicaland US$18 million
- Midlands US$14 million.
Jaison Machaya is listed under the thematic group “Politicians”. According to the list, he got a loan of US$49,700.00. 
- Fidelis Munyoro, , The Herald, Published: 6 July, 2020, Accessed: 19 July, 2020
- https://www.bigsr.co.uk/single-post/2020/07/18/BSR-EXCLUSIVE-Beneficiaries-of-the-RBZ loan of US$325,368.00-Farm-Mechanisation-Scheme BSR EXCLUSIVE: Beneficiaries of the RBZ Farm Mechanisation Scheme], Big Saturday Read, Published: 18 July 2020 Retrieved: 18 July 2020
- Nick Mangwana, , Twitter, Published: 22 September, 2020, Accessed: 22 September, 2020