|Sakunda Group Holdings|
|Contact Numbers: Landline: 04 755155,|
Sakunda Holdings is a privately owned Zimbabwean company governed by the laws of Zimbabwe and its Memorandum of Association and Articles of Incorporation. It has three distinct operating divisions namely Sakunda Energy, Sakunda Trading and Sakunda Logistics.
Sakunda Energy is responsible for the retailing and commercial business to government, parastatals and corporate clients.
Sakunda Trading is responsible for the procurement and importation of bulk fuel from reputable international oil traders and wholesale it to Oil Companies and bulk fuel buyers including Sakunda Energy.
This is a subsidiary that manages the movement of the fuel from importation to delivery to the eventual consumer.
Under the deal Sakunda owned 51% of the company with Puma owning 49%.
200 Mega Watt Project
In January 2016, the Zimbabwean government approved Sakunda's acquisition of 200 mega watt emergency diesel power plant at Dema substation. Sakunda partnered with ARUP, Energyst, Aggreko and Trafigura. The project is to be financed by Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe Holdings, Stanbic Bank and Ecobank. Grant Thornton would come in as project accountants and Mhishi Legal Practice as legal advisors. The project was implemented to deal with Zimbabwe's power crisis that had worsened by decreasing electricity generation at Kariba Power Station due to diminishing water levels at Kariba Dam.
- , ABOUT US OVERVIEW, Sakunda Energy, published: No Date Given, retrieved: June 9, 2016
- , Zim energy tycoon rescues Chiyangwa, Weekend Post, published: June 17, 2013, retrieved: June 9, 2016
- , ABOUT US OVERVIEW, Sakunda Holdings, published: No Date Given, retrieved: June 9, 2016
- , Chris Muronzi, Foreign giants take over fuel sector, Zimbabwe Independent, published: January 23, 2015, retrieved: June 9, 2016
- , Tafigura takes over Sakunda, Afrca Confidential, published: May 14, 2014, retrieved: June 9, 2016
- , Lynton-Edward, CTC approves Sakunda takeover deal, Lynton-Edwards Stock Brokers, published: April 30, 2015, retrieved: June 9, 2016
- , Walter Muchingura, Govt awards Sakunda 200MW tender, Herald, published: January 7, 2016, retrieved: June 9, 2016