|Alma mater||University of Zimbabwe|
|Employer||Zimbabwe Media Commission|
Susan Makore is a Commissioner of the Zimbabwe Media Commission.
Makore's mother and father were teachers. She is married and has two children.
Makore enrolled for a Postgraduate Diploma in Media and Communication Studies with the University of Zimbabwe and subsequently for the master’s programme in the same field soon after completing a degree in English and History, to enable her to take up a lecturing post in Media Studies.
It was while she was lecturing at the University of Zimbabwe in 2001 that an opportunity to work for a fully-fledged media organisation came about.
She was appointed head of Kidznet, a strategic unit at ZBC responsible for programmes for children between the ages of four and 18. 
She is also a PhD Student In Business Leadership.
Makore is a former lecturer in the University of Zimbabwe’s English and Media Studies Department. She was also the chief executive of ZBC from 2003 to 2006.  Makore rejoined the University of Zimbabwe in 2007 to co-ordinate the Media Studies programme. She was also a lecturer at Zimbabwe Open University.
She was appointed managing director of Mighty Movies in 2008.
In September 2013, Makore was appointed the chief executive officer of AB Communications the company that owns ZiFM Stereo and television production house Mighty Movies. She replaced Supa Mandiwanzira who had been appointed Media, Information and Broadcasting Services deputy minister.
- Ruth Butaumocho, Susan rules the airwaves, The Herald, Published: July 29, 2014 Retrieved: December 18, 2020
- Zimbabwe Media Commission: The Board. Zimbabwe Media Commission, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: December 18, 2020
- Makore new AB Communications boss, The Herald, Published: September 21, 2013, Retrieved: December 18, 2020
- Tinotenda Samukange, Susan Makore replaces Mandiwanzira, NewsDay, Published: September 20, 2013, Retrieved: December 18, 2020
- JUST IN: Makore leaves AB Communications, The Herald, Published: December 18, 2020, Retrieved: December 18, 2020