Image Via: Manica Post
|Born||February 26, 1985|
Bande was born on February 26 1985.
Trymore Bande's wife is Fortunate Chinonzura. The two got married in 2008.
Bande's firstborn daughter was born in 2008.
Bande did his primary and secondary education at Samaringa Primary and Secondary Schools respectively.
He became a household name after he released the album Zvakagara Zvakadaroin 2013 where he sounded like Pastor Charamba. The album was produced by Lyton Ngolomi. Other albums he recorded include Discover to Discover in 2009 and The Scriptures in 2010. These did not have the same impact as his 2014 album.
In 2014, Bande quit his job as a sales representative to do music on a full-time basis. In April the same year, Bande who had for years been working with a session band finally assembled his own band called Gospel Vocals. The band consisted of eight members.
Charamba's band Fishers of Men management reported Bande to the police after they saw his CD being sold as Charamba’s album. Street vendors sold Bande's Zvakagara Zvakadaro as Charamba’s 2013 release. Responding to the incident Bande said it was saddening and demotivating. He said:
"After I have released the album, I took it to the radio stations where it is receiving good airplay, even in commuter omnibuses the album is constantly being played. I thought it was my time to shine but to my shock, the album has been pirated and it is now under Pastor Charles Charamba’s name. These guys are misleading the public by repackaging and putting Pastor Charamba’s face and name on my album. As a musician who is trying to make a living from my God-given talent I am deeply saddened by this latest development which I find demotivating. There is nothing I can do as I have no power to bring these guys to book, but I hope and pray that the long arm of the law will act on piracy."
On copying Charles Charamba, Bande said:
"I could neither disagree nor agree that I copied Pastor Charamba only people are the best judges though what I believe is that God gives people voices that could resemble each other. But I would say maybe it is because I envy Pastor Charamba and his music and our relationship is not sour since we are all doing the same job of preaching the Word."
- Zvakagara Zvakadaro (2013)
- Discover to Discover (2009)
- The Scriptures (2010)
- ZvaMwari (2014)
- Praise and Testimony in Songs (2017)
- Tawanda Marwizi, ‘Charamba copycat’ quits job for music, The Herald, Published: June 5, 2014, Retrieved: February 15, 2021
- Ray Bande, Trymore Bande releases seventh album, Manica Post, Published: October 6, 2017, Retrieved: February 15, 2021
- Face-to-face with ‘Charamba copycat’, The Herald, Published: Retrieved: Februry 15, 2021
- Yeukai Karengezeka, Bande assembles band, The Herald, Published: April 24, 2014, Retrieved: February 15, 2021
- Pirates haunt Charamba . . . as fake album hits the streets, The Herald, Published: Retrieved: February 15, 2021
- Bande to launch new album, The Herald, Published: December 3, 2013, November 19, 2014, Retrieved: February 15, 2021