Academic Mentor x6
Academic mentors provides guidance and coaches students on academic and social topics relevant for the holistic growth of students.
BUSE enrols students from diverse backgrounds and academic mentoring offers an opportunity to help them succeed during their studies at the University. The mentoring relationship assist with students’ transition into the academic community. Mentors offer space to seek advice and dialogue on academic issues affecting students’ current and future needs. They also refer students to other support units if need be.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists students throughout the year with academic and life skills building.
- Disseminate information about campus events, polices and processes.
- Facilitate purposeful and relevant programmes and activities to residents throughout the semester.
- Participates in and attend organised meetings in students’ welfare.
- Communicates with the Warden when situations arise that warrant administrator input;
- Supporting students during stretches of psychosocial hardships.
- Provide pastoral guidance on non-academic issues and refer students to appropriate support services at University.
- Work with Student Affairs and Faculties to support students’ engagement with coursework, well-being and overall student experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Education or Social Sciences.
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team to support students’ success.
- Knowledge of support services available for students.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, listening and other interpersonal skills when dealing with students.
- Ability to work flexibly in support of students from a range of responsibilities and from diverse backgrounds.
- The post requires a candidate who can demonstrate a positive attitude in working with young people from diverse backgrounds and available throughout the semester.
- The incumbent should be readily available including weekends.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to: email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
Deadline: 20 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE)
Bindura University of Science Education is a Zimbabwean university offering courses within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Science Education, Commerce and Social Sciences.
Address: 741 Chimurenga road, Bindura