Reporting to Deputy Director Finance and Administration, the job holder is charged with the responsibility of providing routine functions of accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receipt funds from the Government of Zimbabwe, Developmental Partners and other stakeholders.
- Create payment batches on internet Banking Platform for authorization by the Agency's approved signatories.
- Collate and record all receipts, payments and events occurring at Head Office Pertaining to the Agency into SAP's appropriate cashbooks and ledger accounts.
- Collate documents from provinces and check data captured into SAP to ensure that transactions are not omitted or duplicated and are recorded in the appropriate accounts.
- Prepare bank and ledger accounts reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Filling and safe custody of physical documents recorded in SAP.
- Maintain a voucher tracking register as well as availing vouchers for supervision and audit inspection when required.
- Preparation of financial reports for assigned projects as per donor specification monthly expenditure reports and audit expectations
- Budget analysis to avoid overruns.
Qualifications and Experience
- Honours Degree in Accountancy or relevant field.
- Have at least 3 years working experience as an Accountant.
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
- Must be a good team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, current CVs and certified copies of their qualifications, clearly stating the position they are applying for online through ZIMSTAT website: https://www.zimstat.co.zw/?page_id=6180
Deadline: 20 March 2023