Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of non current assets register.
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies affecting non current assets to management.
- Allocate tag numbers to non current assets to effectively track them from time to time.
- Reconciling the balance in the non current asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculating depreciation for all non current assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of non current assets and accumulated depreciation..
- Processing livestock Reconciliation Account.
- Conducting periodic physical count of assets.
- Recommend to management assets that should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to non current assets as requested by management.
- Create fixed asset related audit schedules and collaborate with auditors on their assignments audit schedules.
- Assisting management in making decision that involves non-current assets.
- Maintenance of deferred income schedules and and monthly amortisation.
- Supervising non-current assets staff.
- Perfoming any other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting.
- Masters in Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution.
- At least two (2) years working in an accounting environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
NB: The successful candidate may be deployed to any of the University Campuses. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Deadline: 24 March 2023