We are seeking the services of well-groomed Barman who will be responsible for receiving, preparing, and selling beverage orders to guests in a friendly and timely manner. The purpose of this position is to interact with the guests and to ensure that they have a great experience at the bar.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving payments, punching orders, and giving change to customers as needed.
- Operating point of sale (POS) systems and handling cash – following all cash handling procedures.
- Making sure the beverage and food orders are made correctly and looks presentable.
- Maintaining stock levels to prevent shortages of critical items and ensure the availability of items on the menu.
- Assessing customer needs and preferences, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Assisting in ordering all liquor and beverage as required.
- Participating in bar promotions and events.
- Entering closing stocks into the system at the end of the shift.
- Collecting feedback from customers concerning our products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Interested candidates should possess strong numerical and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service, combined with active listening and effective communication skills.
- Ability to process numerous payments in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of beer, liquor and wine is an added advantage.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work at night.
- A minimum of three years work experience as a Bartender.
- 5 Ordinary level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- A Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality, or any relevant Certificate or Diploma will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV accompanied by an application letter, to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 March 2023