Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above post which has emerged in the University of Zimbabwe Innovation Hub. Reports to: Manager, Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commercialising and monetising innovations emerging from the Innovation Hub.
- Providing targeted assistance in commercialising intellectual property and creating sustainable, competitive and profitable start-ups
- Designing, developing and setting-up viable suitable ventures, business plans and operating models to deliver business value and results and determining the best course of action to set-up start-ups in a sustainable way.
- Identifying opportunities including organising prospecting events, pitches, demo-days, feedback sessions, talks, seminars, workshops, think-tanks for growth, collaborations, partnerships and/or strategic alliances.
- Delivering, with innovators and inventors, the industrialisation phase of Education 5.0 by identifying, prioritising and launching new products, services and business models.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Masters Degree or equivalent in the desired field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with interacting with students or record of teaching and/or research experience at University level.
- Proven track record in product development and/or ability to model and/or grow business.
- Proven track record in multidisciplinary collaboration and/or management of partnerships.
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar,Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P.O. Box MP 167
Or Hand delivered to the Administration Block, door number 113.
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 06 April 2023