Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cataloguing and classification of Library materials.
- Assisting with Information literacy skills training and orientation of new students.
- Uploading all research publications produced by the Gwanda State University Community to the University Institutional Repository.
- Assisting in organising library training programmes for students and staff.
- Providing general customer service support.
- Performing shelving and shelf reading duties.
- Performing circulation duties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science plus two (2) years academic library experience.
- Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
The Acting Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31 March 2023.