Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned post which has arisen within the university.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Deputy Dean is responsible for:
- Planning and directing University activities related to student services and campus life. Supervising and coordinating student health services & counselling, accommodation services, sports and recreation services, off campus & financial aid, student development and life skills programs for students.
- Servicing as a point of information for students and responding to students’ needs;
- Managing, through the office of the Dean of Students, orientation programmes for first year students.
- Maintain and promote a conducive living and learning environment on and off campus;
- Create a team environment among staff members regarding accountability and commitment to achieving the goals of the Division of Student Affairs.
- Foster a commitment to student success by actively developing, implementing, and maintaining programmes and services that enrich student learning.
- Coordinate programmes and activities that strengthen Faculty Associations, clubs and societies on campus in liaison with the Student Representative Council.
- Create leadership training and development opportunities for student leaders and mobilize resources to implement such programmes.
- Provide appropriate support in matters related to student governance.
- Engage with the campus community by being visible at events and outreaching to various campus organizations.
- Develop and coordinate a conflict mediation and resolution programme for students.
- Facilitate the efficient implementation of the student work study programme through the office of the Off Campus Life and Financial Aid and organizing the Annual Career Fair Day for students to meet with prospective employers.
- Assist the Dean in carrying out research on issues related to students’ welfare and governance and in the formulation of informed and effective short and long term intervention strategies.
- Encouraging academic success and monitoring students who are struggling in class and perform any other administrative duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years progressive and effective leadership experience in student affairs at the University level.
- A Doctoral degree in the areas outlined above or evidence to show candidate is currently enrolled in a Doctoral degree program is desirable.
Skills and Attributes
- The post requires a candidate who is committed to creating a culture of equity, inclusion, and advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish strong campus and community partnerships.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to: email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
Deadline: 27 March 2023