Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
- Health Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the dispensing Nurses ensuring that the clinic dispensary is well stocked. Facilitating movement of medicines from the drug storeroom to the dispensary.
- Dispensary maintenance involving: drawing up bin cards and stock cards, continued upkeep of cold chain principles, flagging stock with less than 3months expiry and facilitating quick movement of such stock, calculating average monthly consumptions (AMC) of medicines thereby watching against drug stock outs,
- Guaranteeing medicines safety by ensuring that we dispense registered, non-expired drugs and the giving of proper explanation to patients on how to take their medicines.
- Ensuring that the dispensary stocks medicines within our clinic registration class.
- Accountability of medicines in stock and those dispensed; Record keeping on medicines movement from the dispensary to the patient. Carry out monthly/regular stock takes of the dispensary and drug room.
- Preparing and labelling pill packs making sure that there are ready for dispensing. Perform all duties according to the regulation and requirements of Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) and Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC).
- Ensures that there is no unauthorized entry into the dispensary.
- Any other duties as may be delegated by the superiors.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 Ordinary level passes.
- A relevant qualification in dispensing practice.
- 1-year relevant working experience.
- The candidate must be a team player who possesses good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the University.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadlien: 31 March 2023.