Enterprise Wide Risk Manager
To provide expertise; advice; assistance; consultancy services and general support required by Nedbank Zimbabwe Limited for all governance; policy; process and procedural matters or issues for all risk related services and compliance matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and manage risks to the organization, its employees, stakeholders, assets and operations and develop ERM strategies, objectives and policies that will establish the framework, tools and procedures to achieve successful risk identification and management within best practice standards.
- Ensure monitoring of the implementation of policies, procedures and processes for enterprise-wide Risk Management and mitigate related risks.
- Conduct regular Enterprise Risk Awareness meetings and Training with HODs and Risk Champions.
- Co- ordinate Bank-wide framework and Policy Reviews and acknowledgement by staff
- Conduct internal control assessments including deep dives per the ERM assurance plan and control issues raised by other Assurance providers.
- Integrated Enterprise-wide risk reporting to meet internal, Nedbank Africa Regions and Regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist business in developing and continuous review of the RCSA, KRIs and facilitate the embedding (Create, Promote and maintain) a Risk awareness culture within the Bank.
- Ensure continued satisfaction of stakeholders by meeting turnaround times for requests and identifying and addressing issues or concerns through the provision of risk advice.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by providing management information; risk analytics; insights and strategic motivation resulting in the optimal management of these risk disciplines.
- Provide advice to the Executive Committee; Management Committee and sub committees on governance; regulatory; procedural and practice matters by attending; preparing and submitting papers; challenging and monitoring.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g., staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Optimize the risk management performance of Nedbank Zimbabwe Limited by assisting business to identify; recommend (through reporting; insights and risk analytics) and execute risk management strategies within the Bank's defined risk appetite.
- Provide risk advice to assist and enable business to achieve its risk objectives by developing; managing and executing policies; procedures; practices of a risk nature.
- Ensure the requirements of risk; governance and compliance are addressed by embedding a risk culture within Nedbank Zimbabwe Limited.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Risk Management, Mathematics, Engineering or Finance.
- Preferred Certifications.
- CFA, Financial Risk Management.
- Minimum Experience Level.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in any related risk area (compliance, risk management, actuary, finance, accounting, investment), 2 of which must be in a management position.
- Technical / Professional Knowledge.
- Banking knowledge.
- Industry trends.
- Relevant regulatory knowledge.
- Risk management process and frameworks.
- Business writing skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Risk Management.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://jobs.nedbank.co.za/job/Enterprise-Wide-Risk-Manager/904073201/
Deadline: 24 February 2023
Nedbank Zimbabwe Limited, also Nedbank Zimbabwe, is a commercial bank in Zimbabwe. It was established in July 2004 after changing from Zimbabwe's oldest merchant bank, Merchant Bank of Central Africa Limited, which was incorporated on 31 July 1956.