In support of the Government of Zimbabwe, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has embarked on the implementation of a five-year Country Programme Document (CPD) 2022-2026.
Under the overall guidance of the DRR-Operations and the direct supervision of the Finance Specialist, the Finance Assistant provides leadership in execution of financial services in the CO ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. The Finance Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex finance-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the DCD-Operations and the direct supervision of the Finance Specialist, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Ensures administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with office management.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
- Adherence to the core values of the UN (ethics and integrity) in all transactions.
Ensures administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources of the CO, reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills in QUANTUM for the services provided by, elaboration and implementation of the income tracking system and follow up on cost recovery.
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of financial reports for NEX projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in QUANTUM; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and follow up with partners on contributions.
- Timely VAT reimbursements.
- Reconciliation of MMT payments.
Ensures proper CO cash management functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in QUANTUM to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Transaction and stop payment initiation on internet banking systems.
- Timely and accurate provision of bank reconciliations supporting documents to GSSC;
- Review and flag Invoices with issues to initiator role in QUANTUM.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organization of training for the operations/programme/projects staff on financial management;
Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in financial management;
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years of experience in finance and accounting progressively is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and Office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), and knowledge of spreadsheets and databases;
- Experience in handling web based management systems and ERP Financials;
- Fluency in English and a national language of the duty station is mandatory.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1719878870214912?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=impactpool
Deadline: 28 March 2023