Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the above mentioned vacant position on a one (1) year contract basis.
This position has the responsibility of managing the day-to-day coordination of all activities of the Innovation drive, including competition design and execution, fund beneficiary relationship management, and coordination of the Innovation Drive Incubation and Mentorship Programme. The position reports to the Innovations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of youth-led initiatives and develop contractual packages to fund them.
- Design and execute credible national competitions for the selection of beneficiaries for the various programs of the Innovation drive.
- Develop and maintain relationships with beneficiaries of the Innovation drive and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain the innovation portfolio, including funded projects, application for funding and related documents.
- Design and coordinate the Innovation Drive Incubation and Mentorship Programme.
- Facilitate collaboration between POTRAZ, innovators, their mentors, and other stakeholders.
- Design and maintain administrative processes and systems for the Innovation Drive.
- Develop effective communications materials for advocacy and outreach, including writing regularly on the Innovation Drive website and social media pages.
- Conduct environmental scanning to identify emerging Innovation trends.
- Proactive scout for new innovative ideas, opportunities, and partnerships.
- Work with stakeholder to stimulate innovative thinking within the ICT sector.
- Explore other modalities through which POTRAZ can expand its approaches to innovation (e.g., through labs, public challenges, crowd-sourcing, etc.)
- Document tested innovation projects and processes at POTRAZ and ensuring effective sharing and generation of knowledge around the Innovation Drive.
- Support the development of innovation tools and techniques to build POTRAZ's culture and capacity to innovate.
- Coordinate project monitoring and evaluation of funded projects and assisting in the evaluation of the Innovation Drive.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or Business studies.
- At least 3 years relevant experience coordinating an Innovation Incubation and Mentorship Programme.
- A Clean Class Four Driver's Licence a must. Results focused.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit applications containing a detailed Curriculum vitae including the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first).
- Position applied for.
- Copies of academic and/or professional certificates.
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1110 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare, or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an envelope clearly marked "Application For A Vacant Post - State Post Being Applied For" to reach the Director General
NB: Only successful candidates will be responded to. An appropriate package will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
Deadline: 23 March 2023