The National Gallery of Zimbabwe is seeking a highly skilled, adaptable, and reliable IT Officer to help take the Gallery to the next level. In this position, you will be monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of the Gallery. You will be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required; providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports; following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time; rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers.
- Testing and evaluating new technology; conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Managing the Gallery website and controlling use of social media.
- Suggesting centralized ICT driven applications and projects that enhance NGZ capabilities needs and competitiveness.
- Respond to all users request and provide them with adequate support.
Qualifications and Experience
- Web platforms (CMS): must have worked extensively on WordPress and Joomla ‘Content Management System’ platforms to design websites ;
- server/Database:must be able to manage (plus troubleshoot), maintain and backing up the database/server.
- Web Design (Added Bonus): experience using design tools like Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and or XD to mock-up templates for website design.
- Applicants must possess a Higher National Diploma in Information Technology/Computer Studies or equivalent and 3 years post-qualification experience; or a Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent and 1-year post-qualification experience.
- Applicants must have a work showcase: examples of current and previous work via searchable links or local database and Certification courses completed successfully.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
The Executive Director
National Gallery of Zimbabwe
20 Julius Nyerere Way
P O Box CY848
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 March 2023