Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position that has arisen within the Bulawayo –Engineering Division at the Standards Association of Zimbabwe. Purpose of the job is to make overall decisions in terms of the result outcome, testing and ensuring the resources required for the smooth operation of work are available (maintaining accreditation).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out tests/inspections on samples received in house or on site.
- Compiling test/inspection reports.
- Testing methods evaluation, appraisal and inter-laboratory comparison tests.
- General maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assist in the training of junior staff.
- Maintenance and improvement of the ISO/IEC 17020 / 17025 laboratory management systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- HND/BTech/BSc Hons Degree in Industrial Manufacturing/Production Engineering.
- At least 4 years post qualification experience in testing/inspection manufacturing/fabrication environment.
- Training in or Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17020 / 17025 laboratory management systems.
- Level 1 or 2 Certification in at least 2 of the following NDT techniques (Dye Pen, Magnetic. Particle, Ultrasonic and Industrial Radiographic Testing) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent use of ICT tools and research capabilities.
- Excellent communication and customer handling skills.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by detailed CV shall be submitted to: email@example.com
Deadline: 30 March 2023