Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and operational management of the campus.
- Supervise all corporals in their daily activities.
- Issue operational orders in line with unfolding events.
- Compliance with all administrative procedures and lawful instructions given by superiors.
- Enforce orders and routine and carry out random spot checks on points of duty ensuring that service delivery is in line with set standards.
- Providing advice and support to the University community on security matters.
- Attend or cause to be attended all incidences of security interest that occur during the course of duty and ensure reports are written and forwarded accordingly.
- Identify performance deficiencies by subordinates and ensure on-the job training for improved performance or refer for further training.
- Creating a conducive atmosphere to promote a healthy learning environment.
- Maintain official books and records for the loss control section.
- Maintain departmental assets, their records, movement and usage at specific points.
- Represent the risk and loss control department in some university committees with an interest in loss control management.
- Performance of any other lawful duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- The candidate should be mature, a self-starter, physically fit and can withstand extended hours.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language.
- At least 5 years’ experience with MSU.
- Computer appreciation.
- A diploma in any security related field will be an added advantage.
- A clean record of service with MSU.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24 March 2023