Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate safety policies and procedures.
- Provide administration support in the department.
- Compile Safety, Health and Environment Statistics for review.
- Assist to review important safety documents.
- Communicate with clients and employees, and respond to any queries or complaints.
- Procure stationery and Personal Protective Equipment for the department.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Review and coordinate risk assessments, registers (team in box queries), incident reports, and audits reports.
- Organize monthly/ departmental (sectional) team meetings and solve safety issues.
- Coordinate audits and inspections.
- Track corrective action plans and incident data.
- Review important safety documents.
- Keep record of all the department legal appointments.
- Plan and conduct safety drills with workplace staff.
- Train workplace personnel to deal with any kind of emergency.
- Creating safety manuals.
- Coordinating safety training and campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant degree related in Safety, Health and Environment or Geography and Environmental Studies/Science.
- The ideal candidate should have at least one year working experience in the SHE section
- Computer proficiency.
- Honest, reliable and good communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24 March 2023