Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop UML diagrams, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Producing specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures.
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems.
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer or related position.
- Gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages,
- Ability to design interactive applications.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL, NoSQL and ORM technologies.
- Knowledge of developing web applications using web frameworks (Flask, Spring MVC etc)
- Test-driven development.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions.
How to Apply
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience and names of at least three referees should be sent to the address below clearly indicating the vacancy applied for.
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing Centre Building
University of Zimbabwe
630 Churchill Avenue,
or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline: 24 March 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing (ZCHPC)
The Zimbabwe Centre FOR High Performance Computing (ZCHPC) was created through Statutory Instrument 168 of 2019, the Manpower Planning and Development (Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing), Regulations, 2019.
High Performance Computing most generally refers to the practice of aggregating computing power in a way that delivers much higher performance than one could get out of a typical desktop computer or workstation in order to solve large problems in science, engineering, or business.