Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The maintaining, configuration, and reliable operations of computer systems, network servers; installing upgrades, virtualization, monitoring systems performance.
- Installing, maintaining and upgrading servers as well as ensuring server backups and that the server data is secure from unauthorised access performing or delegating regular backup operations and implementing appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Three to five (3-5) years of system administration, database and/or network administration experience.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation, VMWare or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware and networking protocols.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices including expect knowledge of security, storage, data protection and disaster recovery protocols.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Thorough knowledge of Linux and Microsoft operating systems and security models, including Active Directory.
- System Server Administration and IT Certification in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.hit.ac.zw/job/systems-administrator-1-post/
Deadline: 06 April 2023