Chitungwiza land barons named and shamed in Parliament
The Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Local Government led by Irene Zindi released a report which listed alleged land barons who have been illegally selling land in Chitungwiza.
The land barons named in the report listed:
- Fredrick Mabamba of United We Stand Multi-Purpose Cooperative
- Zanu PF’s Chitungwiza South MP Christopher Chigumba
- Boniface Manyonganise of Yamurai Disabled Co-operative,
- Mrs Manhango of Chitungwiza Ruvimbo Housing Cooperative,
- Mr Makuchete and a Major T Marufu, and Mr and Mrs Chivhanga of Zanoremba Housing Co-operative.
The land barons allegedly illegally allocated people land on wetlands. Some of the land was on top of sewer pipes, electricity pylons, as well as at sites meant for roads, schools, clinics and recreational facilities.
Debating on the issue Mabvuku Tafara MP James Maridadi said:
There is somebody in this House who is parcelling out land on wetlands, and a report by the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Local Government named Chitungwiza South MP Chigumba as one of the land barons
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
More: The Standard