Zimbabwe Weather Report, Forecast: 4 - 6 March 2023
The Meteorological Services Department (MSD) of Zimbabwe has forecasted that most parts of the country will experience sunny weather conditions on Monday.
In a weather report and forecast seen by Pindula News, MSD urged members to take safety precaution measures to avoid disasters associated with the rainy season. Reads the weather update:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS SATURDAY 04 MARCH 2023 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 06 MARCH 2023.
Cloudy conditions prevailed in the morning in southern provinces in the morning with patchy drizzle and rain in some areas. Mashonaland Central, Mashonaland East, and Harare Metropolitan Provinces experienced isolated thunderstorms. Significant rainfall amounts that were measured were 48mm at Guruve Met Office and 13mm at the Gokwe Met office. The rest of the country (Mashonaland West, and Matabeleland North Province) had mostly sunny and warm weather.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SUNDAY 05 MARCH 2023
Most parts of the country should be under mostly sunny conditions with light breeze except for the extreme north and eastern parts of the country namely Mashonaland East, Mashonaland Central and northern parts of Manicaland Province where brief cloudy periods are expected in the afternoon with a chance of isolated thunderstorms.
• Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
Get Pindula News on our WhatsApp Channel
Subscribe here: https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va84dngJP21B2nWeyM3v
• Temperature fluctuations may affect vulnerable members of society.
• Rain may affect plans in some areas. Plan with the weather in mind.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
• Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
• When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
• Ensure that the elderly and young are kept warm, especially towards evening in Provinces such as Matabeleland South and Bulawayo Metropolitan
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR MONDAY 06 MARCH 2023
Expect plenty of sunshine across the country during the day. It should be mild in the morning and warm in the afternoon.
#Impact-Based Forecasting “Not just what the weather will be, but rather what the weather will do”