Gokwe is a town in Midlands Province.
It is home to about 18,942 people.
The nearby Lutope river to the south derives it's name from dope, Shona for mud, and ru, implying long. Hence rutope is a long stretch of mud. Reportedly a good description of the river. 
See Cheziya Gokwe High School.
See Gokwe District Hospital.
See Gokwe North and Gokwe North RDC.
See Gokwe South and Gokwe South RDC.
See Nembudziya Government Secondary School.
See Njelele Secondary School.
Chizarira National Park is nearby.
- Byron Reuben Mtonhodzi Hove of Zanu PF - 32 354 votes.
- Mabasa Edward Chilimanzi of PF-ZAPU - 6 796 votes.
- Edson Mzite of UANC - 1 485.
- Jesiniahs Dick Makanganise of Zanu PF - 32 354 votes.
- Kesia Madzorera of PF-ZAPU - 6 796 votes.
- Jackson John Manyoka of UANC - 1 485 votes.
Turnout - 22 989 voters or 67.05 %
Gokwe North returned:
Turnout - 24 862 voters or 55.48 %
Gokwe South returned:
Turnout - 25 872 voters or 74.60 %
Gokwe West returned:
- George Marange of Zanu PF n/a
Turnout Full results for Gokwe West were not released.
- Daveson Masvisvi of ZANU-PF,
- Lisias Mutegwe of Citizens' Coalition for Change,
- Edward Vakai of MDC Alliance.
14 December 2021 - Gokwe council sinks 18 million into solar powered-boreholes. 
- [Chief Information Officer, Lore and Legend of Southern Rhodesia Place Names] (Southern Rhodesia Information Service, Salisbury, 1960) Retrieved 8 November 2021"