January 19, 1994
|Education||Njube High School|
|Known for||Playing for Aston Villa|
|Notable work||Became one of the youngest players to play in the Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League|
Marvelous Nakamba is a Zimbabwean professional footballer who plays for Aston Villa in the English Premier League and also a senior squad member of the Zimbabwe National Football Team. His joining of the club was officially announced on 1 August 2019.
Before joining Aston Villa, Nakamba played for Belgian giants Club Brugge whom he had joined from Dutch side Vitesse.
Marvelous was born on 19 January 1994.
Marvelous Nakamba bought a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ in 2021. Nakamba was spotted arriving at his training sessions at Aston Villa in a number of luxurious vehicles such as a Mercedes Benz CLA-250 Coupe and a Brabus 800 Widestar.
Marvelous professional debut came at Bantu Rovers Football Club in 2010, when he became one of
the youngest players ever to feature in the local premiership, after turning out for Bantu at 16 in 2010. He played for the Methembe Ndlovu’s side from 2010 to 2012 when he was sent on trials to AS Nancy reserve team of France in July 2012  After a trial stint at Cercle Brugge in Belgium in April 2012 which was yet to be finalised by the time he signed for Vitesse. In 2014 he then joined the Nancy first team making 2 appearances against Angers SCO on 9 May 2014  and he came on as a substitute against AJ Auxerre on 16 May 2014  before he joined Vitesse. On 30 July 2014 while on trials at Vitesse Marvelous played against Chelsea when he came on as a substitute replacing Marko Verjinovic, he then signed a 4 year contract on the 13th of August 2014.
On 20 June 2017, Nakamba joined Belgian side Club Brugge on a four-year deal for a fee around the margin of £4 million, aged 23 years. He made his league debut for the club on 29 July 2017 in a 4–0 away victory over Sporting Lokeren. He was replaced by Hans Vanaken in the 75th minute, having picked up a yellow card.
On 1 August 2019, Marvelous Nakamba signed for Aston Villa aged 25 years, for a fee of €12 million. He joined up with former Club Brugge team-mate Wesley Moraes and former Club Brugge player Björn Engels, who had already joined Villa in that transfer window. Nakamba made his first appearance for Villa in a 6–1 emphatic victory against Crewe Alexandra in an EFL Cup game. After the game, former Zimbabwean footballer Peter Ndlovu confirmed that Nakamba would have a statue built in his honour in Hwange, as he was only the 4th Zimbabwean player to play in the English Football League after him, Bruce Grobbelaar and Benjani Mwaruwari. Nakamba made his Premier League debut on 16 September 2019, in a 0–0 draw against West Ham at Villa Park.
National Team Caps
Marvelous Nakamba represented Zimbabwe at the young warriors under 20 level under coach Taurai Mangwiro in 2013. He is also represented the Young Warriors under 23 side, and made his appearance against Morocco on the 15th of November 2014. Nakamba was part of the Warriors team that qualified for the 2019 edition of the AFCON having played in most of the qualifiers before he was injured but managed to make it to Egypt for the AFCON finals in which he played the opening match against hosts Egypt.
Teams Played For
- Club Brugge
- AS Nancy
- Bantu Rovers Football Club
- Aston Villa
11 December 2021
On 11 December 2021, Marvellous Nakamba sustained a knee injury in Aston Villa's 1-0 defeat to Liverpool.
Nakamba underwent surgery to fix the issues and was expected to be out for between 12 to 16 weeks. The 12 to 16-week estimate after his surgery suggested that Nakamba could have injured the medial collateral ligament (MCL).
- Nakamba became one of the youngest players to play in the local premier league
- In October 2019, a video purportedly showing racist chants from Aston Villa fans about Nakamba and teammate John McGinn surfaced, and was condemned by the club.
- Marvelous Nakamba, ‘’Facebook Profile’’, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: June 24, 2015
- Nakamba splashes US$400 000 on new Lamborghini, Zimbabwe Independent, Published: May 14, 2021, Retrieved: January 19, 2022
- Munashe Ndoro, Nakamba tipped for success, ‘’The Zimbabwean’’, Published 12 February 2013, Retrieved: 14 November 2014
- Sukholuhle Mthetwa, Nakamba keen to impress,’’NewsDay Sports’’, Published: 31 December 2012, Retrieved: 14 November 2014
- , League 1 Match Stats, Published: 9 May 2014, Retrieved: 14 November 2014
- , ‘’League 1 Match Stats’’, Published: 16 may 2014, Retrieved: 14 November 2014
- Marvelous Nakamba signs a 4 year contract, ‘’Soccer24.co.zw’’, Published: 14 August 2014, Retrieved: 14 November 2014
- FORTUNE MBELE, Nakamba injury a blow: Villa legend, NewsDay, Published: December 18, 2021, Retrieved: February 4, 2022
- Patrick Rowe, Marvelous Nakamba's injury details revealed as expert provides positive Aston Villa update, Birmingham Mail, Published: December 23, 2021, Retrieved: February 4, 2022