June 21, 1990
|Spouse(s)||Daisy Rutendo Takundwa|
Knowledge Musona is a Zimbabwean footballer who plays in the Belgian Pro League for K.A.S Eupen as a forward.
Musona was born on 21 June 1990 in Norton. He is also brother to former FC Platinum player, Walter Musona who is currently playing for Polokwane City in South Africa. He got married to Daisy Rutendo Takundwa on 28 May 2016 at Rain Tree Forest.
Musona started his football career at Manyame Football Club before moving on to join Haka United. His way to stardom kicked off at Aces Youth Academy which is well known for having produced some of the country's best and promising footballers such as Wisdom Mutasa, Khama Billiat and George Chigova. Musona never played in the domestic league and made the move to Kaizer Chiefs of South Africa in 2009 straight from the Aces Academy. Musona was an instant hit in the Super Diski scoring goals for chiefs and in the process attracted the attention of various European clubs. He was eventually signed by German outfit Hoffenheim where he did not replicate his outstanding performances at Amakhosi.
This saw him being loaned to Augsburg. Musona made a comeback to Amakhosi on a temporary move which saw him featuring for the club for part of the 2014 season. Although Chiefs had registered their interest to have the player back on a more permanent basis, the striker eventually penned a two and half year contract with KV Oostende OF Belgium. In May 2018 after interest from several clubs, Musona signed for Belgian club RSC Anderlecht.
- Best Newcomer to the South African Premier League-2010
- Club top goal scorer 2010-2011 season
Musona was fingered in the Asiagate scandal by ZIFA CEO Jonathan Mashingaidze who alleged that Musona had partaken a match fixing deal together with other players such as Nyasha Mushekwi, and Method Mwanjali. The striker took a temporary break from international duty arguing that he would only reconsider playing for the warriors if ZIFA issued a public apology stating that they erred in implicating him in the scandal.
Musona was named among a number of players who have allegedly been placing bets on matches in the Belgian top-flight league. He however received the backing of his club KV Oostende who revealed that Musona was interviewed by officials from the country’s Gambling Commission and quickly notified them.
Teams Played For
- Kaizer Chiefs (South Africa)
- 1899 Hoffenheim (Germany)
- Augsburg (Germany)
- KV Oostende (Belgium)
- RSC Anderlecht
- Musona never played in the Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League
- About, Facebook, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: February 5, 2015.
- , Grace Chingoma, Victory on Sunday will give Musona a marriage present, Herald, retrieved 3 June 2016
- Henry Mhara Musona settles for KV Oostende, NewsDay, Published: December 19, 2014, Retrieved: February 5, 2015
- Robson Sharuko Musona quits Zimbabwe Warriors over Asiagate, Nehanda Radio, Published: July 4, 2012, Retrieved: February 5, 2015
- Musona in gambling storm, Herald, published: September 27, 2016, retrieved: September 28, 2016