<vote /> Linda Masarira was arrested in Budiriro during the July 6 stay away. She is being charged with inciting public violence. She is expected to appear in court today at 0930.
- 10:06 am- Hundreds of people have gathered to support Tajamuka/Sesjikile Campaign member Linda Masarira.
- 10:49 am- Activists wielding Free Linda placards and draping flags are outside the courtroom as they wait for the trial to proceed.
- 11:15 am-Linda's case has been delayed but people wait outside as they remain optimistic that it will begin soon. The trial was scheduled to begin at 09:30 am.
- 11:22 am- Acie Lumumba, Patson Dzamara and Senator Lillian Timveos are among the crowds that have come in support of Linda. YARD President Temba Mliswa and MDC-T Vice President Nelson Chamisa is the assistant lawyer in the case.
- 11:30 am- Citizens now in courtroom and the magistrate has warned them to be quiet or face expulsion.
- 11;51 am-Masarira now in court and appears well.
- 12:13 pm- Magistrate is about to make judgement.
- 12:17 pm- Lawyers appeal to go to Constitutional Court for referral of their matter
- 12:20 pm-Magistrate dismisses appeal moves the matter to 13 August 2016 citing that the defense had failed to challenge the ruling or the 48-hour rule the first time the matter came to trial
- 12:22 pm- Lawyers advise Prosecutors that they will apply for dismissal on next hearing of the matter should no trial date be set on 13 August
- 12:33 pm- Lawyers asking that Linda be temporarily transferred to Mutare female prison to deal with pending warrant
- 12:36 pm- Matter further remanded to August 11 2016.
You can read the full story by clicking here.
- Situmbeko Musokotwane
- Martha Mamombe
- Harare High School
- Mbare High School
- Morgan High School
- Mt Pleasant High School
- Witness Matema
- Mercy Mugove Sibanda
- Joshua Sacco
- Takunda Claude Nyakauru (Jedza)