|Political party||Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front|
Victor Matemadanda is a Zimbabwean liberation War veteran and politician. He is the current Deputy Minister of Defence. He is also the current Zanu PF National Political Commissar. Matemadanda is a former Deputy Minister of War Veterans. Matemadanda is the Secretary General of the Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association (ZNLWVA). As a member of Zanu-PF he is part of the Central Committee. He contested in the July 2018 elections and won becoming Member of Parliament for Gokwe Central.
Matemadanda has a son whose name is Terrence.
He contested in the July 2018 elections and won thereby becoming Member Of Parliament for Gokwe Central.
Involvement in Zanu-PF Factionalism
Matemadanda was reported for having been part of the ZNLWVA elders that effected the expulsion of Jabulani Sibanda as chairperson of the organisation in October 2014 when Sibanda was accused of criminally insulting the then President Robert Mugabe and former First Lady Grace Mugabe after Sibanda referred to the First Lady as having carried out a "Bedroom Coup". 
As the spokesperson of the War veterans, Matemadanda was reported to be involved in the expulsion of Rugare Gumbo from Zanu-PF.Matemadanda was believed to have recommended the removal of Gumbo from the Zanu-PF secretary for Information and Publicity post . for the saying succession of Robert Mugabe was a critical issue to be discussed at the party's December 2014 Congress. Matemadanda was to later himself express Sibanda's sentiments about Grace Mugabe two years later in February 2016 after a faction associated with Grace Mugabe attempted to expel him from ZNLWVA with a vote of no confidence.
(2015 - 2016)
On 12 February 2016, addressing a Press conference, war veterans led by ZNLWVA secretary for Information and Publicity Mandi Chimene reportedley indicated that they had resolved to dismiss Victor Matemadanda as Secretary General of the organisation. A vote of no confidence was however passed for Matemadanda, Christopher Mutsvangwa,Monica Mutsvangwa and Headman Moyo On 15 February 2016 however, Matemadanda, Mutsvangwa and others members of ZNLWVA (provincial chairpersons and national executive members from Zimbabwe’s 10 provinces) convened for an emergency meeting.This meeting was held in Harare and they declared the Vote of No Confidence to be null and void .It was reported that according to them, the provisions of the ZNLWVA constitution had not been followed for them to be dismissed. The meeting was addressed by Matemadanda . The meeting adopted a special resolution to convene an emergency general meeting of freedom fighters to look into developments in the association, the party and the nation.
Arrest For Alleged Involvement In Authoring Communique
On 28 July 2016 there were reports that Matemadanda had been arrested at his Gokwe home and taken to Harare’s Law and Order section. The reports went on pointing out that he was allegedly involved in the authoring of a communique that denounced Robert Mugabe and labelled him a dictator.
- Nelson Chenga and Nhau Mangirazi, Victor Matemadanda’s farm invaded, Financial Gazette, published: August 12, 2016, retrieved: September 9, 2016
- [ http://www.zbc.co.zw/news-categories/41-top-stories/33457-zanu-pf-primaries-list-of-candidates.pdf Zanu PF primaries list of candidates], ZBC , Published: 21 June 2013, Retrieved: 19 February 2016
- Lloyd Gumbo and Susan Nyabunze Jabulani Sibanda booted out , The Herald, Published: 1 November 2014, Retrieved: 19 February 2016
- Moses Matenga‘We reject bedroom coup’ Jabulani Sibanda, Newsday , Published: 27 October 2014, Retrieved: 19 February 2016
- War veterans call for Rugare Gumbo’s head, The Herald, Published: 13 Nov 2014, Retrieved:19 Feb 2016
- War veterans breathe fire •rally behind Mutsvangwa •accuse G40 of fronting regime change, The Herald, Published:16 February 2016 , Retrieved: 18 February 2016
- Breaking: War vets leader Matemadanda arrested, NewsDay, published: July 28, 2016, retrieved: July 28, 2016