Yoz is a Zimbabwean Zimdancehall and hip-hop artist known for his hit song "Sadza" which featured Shinsoman.
|Birth name||Kennedy Simbanegavi|
November 7, 1988|
Yoz's real name is Kennedy Simbanegavi. He was born on 7 November 1988.
He attended A.E.C Business School for his tertiary education.
Yoz started his music career as in rapper in the local Urban Grooves genre. In 2010, Yoz signed a contract with the South African-based promotion company called Metro Studios where he was to produce his album called "Zvinyowani".
- Sadza (With Shinsoman)
- Hameno Rudo- Feat Shinsoman
- Kubhaguja- With Sanii Makhalima
Boycotting the Zimbabwe Hip Hop Awards
In 2013, Yoz was reported to have boycotted' the prestigious Zimbabwe Hip-Hop Awards. He cited poor organisation as the reason for his boycott despite the fact that he was part of the nominees.
Condemned Video and Lyrics
Yoz made headlines after he had released a controversial video called "Akaka". The song contained explicit video images of naked and semi-naked girls. The song was heavily censored and it was deemed unfit for public consumption.
Yoz was reportdly attacked by unknown people at the 2014 Zimdancehall Awards held in Harare at Harare Showgrounds.It was reported that he was beaten after congratulating Seh Calaz of the Mabhanditi fame. He however speculated that it was Seh Calaz friends who beat him because of a rift between the two.
Zimdancehall Awards 2014
- Nominated for the best Social Song - (Tasangana Zvidhakwa with Shinsoman).
Today's Top Pindula News2019-03-24T02:14:37Z
- Yeukai Karengezeka and Kudakwashe Pembere, Zimbabwe: Rapper Yoz Fires Salvo At Hip-Hop Awards,The Herald,retrieved:5 Jun 2015"
- , About,Yoz Wenyu Facebook Page, retrieved:8 Jun 2015"
- , Rapper Yoz Signs Metro Studios,Nehanda Radio, retrieved:5 Jun 2015" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "nehanda" defined multiple times with different content
- W. Antonio, Zimdancehall awards 2014 nominees out,Newsday, published:29n Dec 2014,retrieved:8 Jun 2015"