Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above post that have arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the recruitment and selection process, and conducting staff induction.
- Administering contracts of employment in line with Labour laws.
- Developing and reviewing job descriptions.
- Preparation of wage bill and payroll input and checking the payroll.
- Recommending and implementing human resources policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the staff database and updating staff records.
- Preparation of periodic staffing reports and compilation of staff statistics.
- Administering performance management in liaison with Department/Section Heads.
- Identifying training and development needs, recommending and coordinating staff training.
- Managing staff welfare, safety, health, and wellness.
- Advising on industrial relations and staff disciplinary matters and coordinating staff disciplinary proceedings.
- Servicing Selection Boards and other University Committees and
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or equivalent; and an Institute of People Management of Zimbabwe (IPMZ) Diploma.
- Possession of a relevant Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Applicants should have at least 4 years’ post qualification experience, three (3) of which should be in an administrative role in a University setting. Knowledge of Belina Payroll System is an added advantage.
- Information on salary and other benefits will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications which should include the application letter, certified copies of certificates, national identification and a detailed Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees. Applications in envelopes clearly indicating post applied for should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
P.O. Box 35
OR Hand Deliver to:
Marondera University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
15 Longlands Road
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University does not charge applicants a fee at any stage of the recruitment process and does not have Agents who receive applications on its behalf.
Deadline: 05 April 2023