Company Secretary/ Legal Advisor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above mentioned post.
The Company Secretary/ Legal Advisor reports to the Chief Executive Officer and oversees the activities of the Authority's legal department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring Authority's operations compliance and advise on the licensing process in terms of the relevantAct.
- Provides legal advice, interpretation, and guidance to management regarding contracts, regulatory requirements, otherAuthority matters.
- Ensuring that broadcasting licenses comply with the provisions of the Act and to enforce penalties in the event of breach.
- Advising on ways of improving and promoting a regulatory environment that facilitates the development of a broadcasting industry in Zimbabwe which is efficient, competitive and responsive to audience needs and national interest.
- Draft licenses which fully encompass all the relevant provisions of the Act.
- Keeping abreast with international legal and regulatory conventions and ensure compliance by the Authority.
- Reviews all information and prepares justification for any legal actions against the Authority and advise on prosecuting lawsuits on behalf of the Authority.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Coordinating, managing, and reviewing the work of the Authority's legal staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the C.E.O from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum requirement of Master's Degree in Law or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Law Degree.
- At least eight (8) years' experience in the legal field with three (3) years of managerial service in a public sector environment.
- Proficient in English language and good interpersonal skills.
- High levels of confidentiality.
- Capable of resolving escalated legal issues arising from operations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates that meet the above requirements should submit an application (indicating the post being applied for) together with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates saved as a single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28 February 2023.Generate a Whatsapp Message
Broadcasting Authority Of Zimbabwe
The Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe (BAZ) is the regulatory authority for broadcasting in Zimbabwe. BAZ was established through an Act of Parliament in 2001 providing for the functions, powers and duties of the authority. BAZ falls under the Ministry of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services. BAZ issues licenses to television and radio broadcasting companies in Zimbabwe.
Phone: +263 4 443465-7
Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe
27 Boscobel Drive West, Highlands, Harare
P O Box CY496, Causeway, Harare, Zimbabwe