The Government of Zimbabwe and the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) for United Nations capacity building support to ZEC for the 2020-2024 electoral cycle, which includes the 2023 harmonized elections. In response, UNDP and ZEC updated the 2016-2020 Zimbabwe Electoral Commission Capacity Building (ZIM-ECO) project, resulting in a Phase Two (ZIM-ECO2).
The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the ZIM-ECO Finance and Admisitration Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties.
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
- Previous work with International Organizations/ NGO’s, and experience with the UN an added advantage.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Basic knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and email.
- Use of computers use of office applications such as Microsoft outlook excel and word is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Required Language(s): English.
- Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible .
- Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/9399/apply/email?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=impactpool
Deadline: 31 March 2023