MTB, which falls under the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education Innovation Science and Technology Development, invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the above vacant position that has arisen within this equal opportunity organisation
Reporting to the MTB Board, the Executive Director will be responsible for the progressive implementation of the strategic direction of MTB through the provision of effective leadership in all the operations of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commercialise all the activities of the Institute in line with the overall organisation's Vision and Mission.
- Craft robust strategies to fully execute the mandate of MTB, cognisant of the evolving technologies and national objectives.
- Provide strategic direction to MTB team on activities that aid fulfilment of its core training mandate as well as support services and creating an appropriate work culture.
- Lead the implementation of MTB's Strategic Plan, including technical and administrative policies as guided by MTB Board.
- Oversee the development and implementation of training programmes in line with Education 5.0 and responding to the country's National Development Strategy 1 through Human Capital Development Strategies.
- Oversee the identification and development of Heritage-based Education 5.0 training programmes that are responsive to the socio-economic development needs of Zimbabwe.
- Promote the Ministry's internationalisation of education programmes through the provision of International Business Languages and Diplomacy Studies.
- A transformative leader capable of initiating and implementing desirable changes.
- Foster effective human capital management practices and establish a high-performance work culture.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and manage collaborations and partnerships for the growth of the training institution.
- Foster culture of innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Leverage available technologies to develop and deliver sustainable change within MTB.
- Lead the engagement and development of tie-ups with other leading innovation bodies/hubs within Zimbabwe and beyond our borders.
- • Supervise and control all strategic functions and operational aspects of MTB, including budget and governance processes in line with relevant statutes, circulars, standards, policies, and regulations.
- • Spearhead and lead infrastructure development, repairs, and maintenance.
- • Responsible for risk management and business continuity for MTB including strategies and plans to improve internal capacities/capabilities and competencies to generate requisite efficiencies and ensure advancement of human capital.
- • Oversee and ensure that all MTB operations and business activities produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- • Develop, implement, and monitor policies to achieve internal control arrangements ensuring compliance with internal and external control measures, procedures, policies, and systems governing MTB operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- An earned PhD/DBA in a relevant area is the basic qualification requirement.
- A hands-on and results-oriented professional and innovative leader in training and conferencing.
- At least ten (10) years working experience, five (5) of which should be at Senior Management level.
- Higher and Tertiary Education management systems knowledge is an advantage.
- Sound working knowledge of the mandate of MTB as clearly articulated in SI 78 of 2020 and knowledge of NDS1 will be added advantages.
- A leader endowed with progressive leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of current technologies.
- Sound understanding of Public Sector Management is also an advantage.
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Eight (8) copies of applications indicating date of availability, and a comprehensive CV should be addressed to:
The Chairperson of MTB Board, 128 Mutare Road, Msasa, Harare, attention: The Director, Training and Business Development.
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board is encouraging female candidates to apply for this post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 March 2023