Livelihoods Programs Intern
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty. We have presence in Wedza , Bindura, Shamva and Bulawayo.
We are looking for Work Related Learning Interns for one year of Volunteerism in the family strengthening Program - Bulawayo Location.
Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteers will have an opportunity to give back to the community while gaining exposure to practical application of knowledge and developing relevant skills and establishing professional networks in programming.
- The Intern will, under the supervision and training of the The Livelihood Programme Officer support and assist the Family Strengthening Programming team with providing technical expertise to community based partners, community groups, young people and caregivers in the area of livelihoods/economic empowerment.
- He/she will be responsible for supporting economic empowerment initiatives at individual, family and community levels.
- The role entails working closely with community based partners, government, CSOs, business corporates, faith-based institutions/NGOs, traditional leadership, etc. to enhance sustainable economic empowerment at individual, family and community levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Studying towards a Degree in Business and Entrepreneurship and any related social and natural sciences/disciplines such as Economics, entrepreneurship, Agriculture, Agri-business, Rural Development, Business Administration, Social work, Sociology, Development Studies, or any other relevant discipline etc.
Skills & Competencies:
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming.
- Good communication and reporting skills, computer literate, understanding and ability to apply community development participatory methodologies, self-starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, within and outside the organisation, develop effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Knowledge of the Project cycle management demonstrable ability with applying project management methodology to basic or routine projects to achieve stated objectives and/or outcomes.
- Demonstrates initiative and enterprise and supports others to work more effectively.
- Understands and SOS CV social, ethical and organisational standards and responsibilities in all interactions.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of certified academic certificates and a signed approval for attachment/internship letter from your college. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
NB: SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough
Deadline: 21 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
SOS Children's Villages Zimbabwe
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.