The Group wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified & experienced individuals to fill in the Matron role that has arisen in our organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Hospital operations reports (daily, weekly, monthly and annually) and submits to the Hospital Manager.
- Compiles Hospital duty rosters, staff time sheets and payroll inputs and submits to the Hospital Manager in line with payroll cut off dates.
- Develops and updates annual leave plans for subordinate staff and ensures that there is adequate staff coverage.
- Develops and updates nursing policies, procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that Nurses adhere to the prescribed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensures that all Nurses at the Hospital have valid practising certificates and in line with Nurses Council regulations keeps copies on file.
- Provides input in the development of the annual budget based on the Hospital requirements.
- Monitors the budget on a monthly basis, identifies variances, takes the appropriate action and advises the Hospital Manager.
- Monitors the triaging of clients in line with the patient management protocol.
- Monitors patient management in the treatment and procedure rooms in line with professional ethics and set turnaround times.
- Conducts daily purposeful ward rounds.
- Resolves and escalates patients’ complaints and queries to the Hospital Manager.
- Ensures adherence to infection control practices at the Hospital in line with WHO, Ministry of Health and Cimas Protocols.
- Manages waste disposal for the Hospital by liaising with Drivers and local authority.
- Authorizes the ordering and issuance of sundries, stationery and other Hospital consumables in accordance with Hospital requirements and reorder levels.
- Facilitates scheduled preventative maintenance of Hospital equipment.
- Participates in the monthly stock counts of sundries and Hospital consumables.
- Displays general public notices – opening hours, operating licenses, closures, process changes in line with company policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Post basic qualification in Theatre Nursing / Intensive Care Nursing.
- A registered Nurse with the Nurses’ Council of Zimbabwe.
- Experience in Administration is necessary.
How to Apply
If you are interested and you meet the stipulated requirements, please submit your letter of motivation and CV to this email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Use link: https://vacancies.cimas.co.zw/job-application-form/. Clearly highlight the position applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: 27 March 2023