Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the above post.
- Health Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Nurse in-charge of the day to day running of their resident health facility as a nurse manager.
- Ensures compliance with best clinical practices to do with Infection prevention and control (during patient care), staff upkeep with standard health guidelines, record keeping and emergency response & preparedness.
- Oversees the preparation of, compliance to and operationalization of departmental staff duty rota; is responsible for health coverage for sporting events, university events, wellness programs and trips.
- Monitors upkeep to the Departmental SOPs when carrying out day to day activities.
- Participates in the actual patient care and treatment as a nurse.
- Organises clinical meetings regularly where the department discusses interesting cases attended to, in a bid to learn from these experiences and improve service delivery.
- Provide channels of follow up on the care of referred students to check on their progress and their continuous support in the provision of care where ever they could be admitted.
- Assigns responsible persons to accurately and timely compile and submit statistics to the MOHCW, City Health and NAC as well as internal record keeping.
Qualifications and Experience
- A qualified Registered General Nurse with a diploma or degree in nursing.
- 5 O level passes.
- Current valid registration certificate with the Nurses council of Zimbabwe.
- 1 years’ experience in a similar/equivalent position in any health institution.
- A post-basic or management qualification is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadlien: 31 March 2023.