|Born||Tanya Rozina Rushesha|
January 3, 1989
|Education||Sunway University, Malaysia & Monash University, South Africa|
|Parent(s)||Tapiwa Rushesha & Oppah Muchinguri|
|Relatives||Natasha Rushesha(sister), Anthony Kashiri(step-father)|
Tanya Rushesha is an entrepreneur and businesswoman having various interests in mining, aviation, education, housing and microfinance. She is the daughter of Zimbabwe politician Oppah Muchinguri and Tapiwa Rushesha.
Tanya attended Arundel School where she completed her O' Level's whilst being 15 years of age. She would then go on to complete a foundation program at Sunway University in Malaysia after which she proceeded to Monash University, South Africa where she studied for a degree in Business Marketing and Management. She did her Private Pilot's License (PPL) with Air Bonfare Aviation School (AAS), an organisation that she is linked to.
Tanya is the Chief Executive Officer at Air Bonfare Aviation School, an institution that provides training for both private and commercial pilots. The business partners in a commercial airline and a charter company.
Women Starting Over
Tronhem (Pvt) Ltd
Tabula Rasa Investments (Pvt) Ltd
According to her Facebook profile Tanya is the Managing Director of Tabula Rasa (Pvt) Ltd. While there is little mention online of what this organisation does, an event she posted has it as a Career Guidance organisation.
Tanya Rushesha's company was allocated 30 hectares of land in 2013 and created 624 housing stands. By July 2019, Tabularasa had not serviced the area. According to a report by NewsDay, beneficiaries had not moved onto their stands which did not have water and sewer reticulation systems.
Online speculation has been made as to her paternity, with unverified sections of the media stating that she was a love child between Oppah Muchinguri and President Robert Mugabe. Fueling the rumours were allegations made that say Tapiwa Rushesha stated at the time of his divorce from Oppah, his reasons for wanting a divorce were because of his wife having an extramarital affair with the president. A former bodyguard of the president, Mushori claimed that Tanya Rushesha only managed to be so successful at a young age because of her relations to the head of state.
In July 2020, Rushesha revealed that she struggled with Covid-19 but recovered. She said it was such a scary time for her and although she did not reveal how she might have contracted the virus, she said she got unconditional support from her family through her struggle. She contracted covid-19 after her mother Oppah Muchinguri Kashiri had famously claimed that coronavirus was God’s punishment to the Western countries for imposing sanctions on Zimbabwe.
- She is a member of Zimbabwe Entrepreneurs Youth Action, serving as the Director of Tourism and Wildlife
- Harriet Fisher, Mugabe is Father of Oppah Muchinguri’s Daughter Tanya Rushesha Claims Ex-Bodyguard Now Daily, Published: 13 Dec 2014, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- About Us - The Board Air Bonfare Website, Published: No Date, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- Aviation authority supports indigenisation ZBC, Published: 27 Jan 2012, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- Tanya Rushesha, LinkedIn Profile, Published: No Date, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- Oppah Muchinguri, Connect6 Profile, Published: No Date, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- Tanya Blessed Rushesha, Facebook Profile, Published: No Date, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- Tanya Blessed Rushesha,Tabula Rasa Career Guidance Conference, Wherevent.com, Published: 29 Mar 2014, Retrieved: 30 Jan 2015
- JAMES MUONWA/NUNURAI JENA, Commission lashes out at ‘dubious’ land developers, NewsDay, Published: July 19, 2019, Retrieved: January 3, 2021