Robert Mugabe Junior
February 4, 1992
|Education||St. Michael's Presentation Primary School, Hartmann House Prep School, St. George's College,|
|Alma mater||St. John’s College|
|Parent(s)||Robert Mugabe, Grace Mugabe|
|Relatives||Bona Mugabe,Chatunga Bellarmine Mugabe, Russell Gorerazva, Albert Mugabe, Patrick Zhuwao,|
Robert Mugabe Junior is a son to the former president of the Republic of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe and former first lady Grace Mugabe who was the Secretary of the Women's league in the ruling Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front party. He was studying architecture at the University of Johannesburg in South Africa.
Robert Junior was born to a ruling elite family established in the Zimbabwean political arena. He is the second born to a family of three (but Robert Mugabe's second son after Michael Mugabe). Bona Chikore (nee Mugabe) is the first born in the family and Chatunga Bellarmine Mugabe is the last born in the family. His family comes from the Zvimba area in the Mashonaland West Province and the family also owns a number of estates in the Mazowe area of Mashonaland Central Province.
For his primary education, Chatunga attended St Michael's School in Borrowdale and Hartmann House Prep School, then went on to St. George's College. Later, he attended Kutama College in Zvimba for his early secondary education. He was then transferred to Speciss College in Harare where he continued his studies. He completed his Advanced Level at St John's College in Harare where he performed dismally in his final exams.  His father publicised the news when he compared his dismal performance to the elder sister Bona who had succeeded in attaining a Degree from Hong Kong in China. Robert Junior is alleged to have attained a series of U's in his Advanced Level and his father ridiculed him by referring him to as an 'undertaker'. In an interview with the The Sunday Mail, his father was quoted saying;
“He did not do well in his A’ Level exams. We have now had to get him private teachers. He enjoys this basketball thing. He likes it, he goes to the gym after that, but aahh... we were given the impression he was working hard,".
Robert Jnr is reported to not have finished high school. 
Robert Junior has interests in basketball. He started his career when he was still in Primary School at Kutama. Mugabe wanted to play US college basketball with chances of joining the NBA Draft, but due to political sanctions couldn’t. He once played for the Zimbabwe National Basketball under-18 team. One of his notable appearances was when he featured for the Zimbabwean squad in the Zone 6 games held in Harare in 2010. He participated in the games when he was only 18. His mother Grace attended the games at City Sports Centre and she was on the touchline cheering the son who displayed a good performance. In 2015, Robert was named as part of Zimbabwe's basketball team to represent the country at the Afro-basket championships in Tunisia.
In 2014, youths from Harare made calls to bring in Robert Junior into the party's youth wing. These calls came in a bid to end Factionalism in Zanu-PF which was allegedly being perpetrated by the camp led by the ousted vice president Joice Mujuru. The bid however did not succeed. It was his mother who succeeded when she was elected the Secretary for the women's affairs in the ZANU PF party.
On 23 March 2022, Robert Jr attended a ZANU PF rally in Chitungwiza in the run-up to the 26 March by-elections where he met President Emmerson Mnangagwa and his son, Emmerson Jr.
He was also pictured eating ice cream at the rally while seating alongside a ZANU PF-linked preacher Passion Java.
Speaking at the venue of the rally in the company of ZANU PF spokesperson Christopher Mutsvangwa, Mugabe commended the party for accomodating him. He said he “is a ZANU PF child” and has “a ZANU PF soul”.
Watch the video below for more:
His mother Grace was reportedly worried over his association with ZANU PF. A publication stated that she was worried that Robert Jr. could get sucked into deadly ZANU PF fights given how his late father lost his position as party leader and Head of State.
The NewsHawks reported a family source as saying Grace was not happy with Robert Jr’s links with Java. The source said:
"She is worried and very angry with him at the same time. The former first lady only learnt about the Passion Java, Robert Jnr links a few weeks ago and she is not happy with that. Not only Amai is unhappy about that, but the whole family."
Evading Security Personnel
In 2010, Robert Junior made the headlines when he escaped from the state bodyguards at St Johns College in Harare and went shopping with his friend. He is believed to have escaped the watchful eyes of the state security personnel into his friend's car and went to Chisipite shopping centre where he enjoyed a few moments as an ordinary citizen away from the watchful eye of security personnel. 
Eviction from Sandton apartment
Robert Mugabe Jr and his brother Chatunga Bellarmine were evicted from their luxurious apartment in Sandton, Johannesburg after a violent brawl occurred at their apartment which left a security officer nursing a broken arm and leg.  The two boys were staying in Morningside Sandton, Johannesburg’s wealthiest area. Their apartment reportedly cost R74 000 per month in rent.  The brothers had relocated to South Africa from Dubai at the beginning of 2017.
A waitress at the Capital 20 West Hotel in Sandton, South Africa was reported to have suffered a miscarriage after she was allegedly pushed by a fleeing Robert Mugabe Jr as he sought to escape his mother’s wrath. The attack happened at a Sandton Hotel and resulted in the assault on the South African model Gabriella Engels, who accused Robert Jr's mother, Grace Mugabe of attacking her with an extension cord.
Robert Mugabe Junoir speaks at the funeral of his father, Robert Mugabe:
Robert Mugabe Junior was reportedly hospitalised at a private hospital in Singapore on 14 May 2022 after experiencing chest pains.
According to a report, Mugabe was alone when he suffered a collapsed right lung a few hours after he landed in Singapore.
He was reportedly ferried to an unnamed Singapore private hospital where he was admitted.
Robert Mugabe (Junior), the son of the late former President Robert Gabriel Mugabe was arrested 19 February 2023 and detained at Avondale Police Station in Harare on allegations of destroying cars and other properties at a place where he was attending a party.He is likely to be charged with malicious damage to property. 
Robert Mugabe junior faced three counts of malicious damage to property and two charges of assault on a police officer, his lawyer, Ashiel Mugiya, said. Car windscreens were allegedly smashed and an officer spat on. He denies the charges and says he is innocent. He has been freed and is trying to reach an amicable settlement. 
He allegedly caused damage worth $12 000 to cars and other property. He spent a night in a local police station (Avondale)and then briefly appeared at a court in Harare. Mugabe Jr was not held after the hearing but his lawyer, Asheil Mugiya, said that he still faced charges and the two parties were negotiating an out-of-court settlement. The damaged property is believed to belong to a friend. “No, charges were not withdrawn. The state decided to give parties the opportunity to negotiate,” Mugiya said. 
He was arrested following a complaint from his friend, Sindiso Nkatazo. Mugabe junior, the second child of the former president is yet to comment on the issue. 
Robert Junior is the Robert Mugabe's firstborn son (second in the family). He was named number 4 among Zimbabwe's most influential young people in a survey conducted by the Zimbabwe Research Institute. He was also named among Zimbabwe's hottest men.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 , Robert Junior fails A' Levels, dad reveals, NewZimbabwe, Published:19 February 2012, Retrieved:16 Dec 2014
- ↑ Erika Gibson, Mugabe's son allegedly returns to SA to continue studies,News24, Published: August 28, 2017 Retrieved: August 28, 2017
- ↑ , Mugabe’s son storms onto basketball scene, Nehanda Radio, Published: 17 May 2010, Retrieved:16 December 2014
- ↑ Grace Chirangande Robert (Jr) in Afro-basket final squad, NewsDay, Published: August 6, 2015, Retrieved: August 6, 2015
- ↑ T. Sibanda, Robert Mugabe junior to enter politics, Nehanda Radio, Published:4 August 2014, Retrieved:16 Dec 2014
- ↑ ‘My Soul Is ZANU PF’, Says Robert Mugabe Jr, Pindula News, Published: March 23, 2022, Retrieved: May 16, 2022
- ↑ MOSES MATENGA, Grace frets over son’s unholy alliances, TheNewsHawks, Published: April 4, 2022, Retrieved: May 16, 2022
- ↑ , Robert Mugabe jnr runs away from bodyguards, Zimeye, Published:24 May 2014, Retrieved:16 December 2014
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Bernard Mpofu, Elias Mambo, Mugabe two sons evicted in Joburg, The Independent, Published: July 14, 2017 Retrieved: August 28, 2017
- ↑ PICTURES: Robert Mugabe’s Son Hospitalised In Singapore, Pindula News, Published: May 16, Retrieved: May 16, 2022
- ↑ Former President Robert Mugabe’s Son Arrested, Pndula, Published: 20 February 2023, Retrieved: 27 February 2023
- ↑ Robert Mugabe's son arrested in Zimbabwe over cars trashed at Harare part, BBC, Published: 20 February 2023, Retrieved: 27 February 2023
- ↑ Who is Robert Mugabe Jr? Why he was arrested by the Harare police recently?, WIONews, Published: 21 February 2023, Retrieved: 27 February 2023
- ↑ Robert Mugabe's son arrested in Zimbabwe over cars trashed at a party, Africa News, Published: 20 February 2023, Retrieved: 27 February 2023
- ↑ , 50 Most Influential Young Zimbabweans:, ZBC News Online, Published:15 Dec 2014, Retrieved: 16 Dec 2014
- ↑ , Oh… There Is A Top 10 Hottest Zimbabwean Men List Too, Three Men on a Boat, Published:3 October 2014, Retrieved:16 December 2014