Zimbabwe Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Zimbabwe and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Zimbabwe Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for the vacant position in our organisation. This position reports to the Centre Administrator.
The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for the provision of accounting at our training centre. The position holder will make sure that they apply appropriate accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate financial reports are delivered timely.
Duties and Responsibilities
Processing Payments and bank unit collections
- Review of payments requisitions, especially regarding budget availability, and appropriateness of corresponding support documents
- Processing/preparing payment vouchers.
- Receive and acknowledge receipt of accountability documents.
- Review and query (if necessary) the accountability documents.
- Issue query sheets in case of deficits on the accountability documents.
- Record double entries relating to the accountabilities in the accounting system.
- Capture accountabilities after the supervisor’s approval.
- Filing accountabilities and payment vouchers.
- Organize photocopy, sort, and dispatch the financial documents.
- Process all remittances to headquarters
- Manage collections and follow up of payments from the unit income generating activities.
Budgeting & reporting
- Bank reconciliations reports.
- Develop unit annual and quarterly budgets.
- Prepare unit financial reports and submit to respective supervisors.
- Assess risks that affect the achievement of the job purpose/ objective.
- Manage assessed risks.
- Maintain a risk register.
- Escalate risks to the supervisor.
- Implement measures to ensure compliance to ZRCS policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of at least 1-year relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Experience in Navision Accounting System is essential but not a prerequisite
- Proficiency in bookkeeping and double-entry accounting
- High level of financial discipline and integrity.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV by e-mail to: email@example.com to the attention of:
The Secretary General, Zimbabwe Red Cross Society
NB: Due to large volumes of applications; only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. ZRCS Service volunteers are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 19 February 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society
The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society, a member of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, is a voluntary organisation whose aim is to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable communities. It is an auxiliary to government as mandated through the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society Act of Parliament No 30 of 1981 also known as Chapter 17.08. It has branches throughout the country and is part of the global Red Cross movement present in 189 countries. Orphans and Vulnerable Children, the elderly, the chronically ill, the HIV infected and affected, the elderly and widowed and the generally disadvantaged members of the community make up our beneficiary list. As a disaster relief organisation, the ZRCS is also a member of the civil protection unit (CPU) and it responds to both natural and manmade disasters.
Address: 10 St Annes Road, Avondale, Harare