Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above post (Registrar’s Office).
The Assistant Registrar of University should possess a deep understanding of the University governance system as well as be a person of unquestionable integrity with an excellent grasp of the English language and demonstrable outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing a database of minutes and ensuring that meeting records are properly filed and are easily retrievable as and when required.
- Liaising with and advising committee chairs and secretaries on matters of fact,protocol, precedent, procedure and regulation.
- Ensuring adherence to the diary of committee meetings and to University standards of servicing committees.
- Co-ordinating servicing of University Committees.
- Ensuring that committee decisions are implemented timeously.
- Co-ordinating training of committee secretaries.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in any of the following areas: Media Studies/Journalism/English, English and Communication/Public Administration/Office Administration
- At least three years (3) experience in the secretarial and administrative field in a tertiary environment.
- Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
How to Apply
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to: email@example.com or hand delivered to:
The Acting Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31 March 2023.