Computing and Storage Senior Manager
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for the role of Computing and Storage Senior Manager within the Group IT division of CBZ Holdings. If you want to join a team of energetic and passionate professionals, this is your opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, track and monitor the implementation of the computing and storage strategy in line with the grand IT and Business strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of computing and storage technologies and initiate appropriate actions to improve or replace the technologies.
- Formulate strategies and policies for data backup and recovery in line with both the Business Impact Analysis and with regulatory requirements.
- Review of existing architectures for all systems on an ongoing basis to ensure adaptation to changing technologies and operating environments.
- Design computing and storage architectures for all new business applications.
- Propose budgets for computing and storage resources.
- Recommend best practices data center designs for the CBZ Group.
- Oversee the quarterly Disaster Recovery tests to formulate remedial action plans for all failed cases.
- Develop policies and procedures for Cloud computing, Data centers and Software library function.
- Identify, manage and report on risks.
- Develop effective relationships with business and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- MSc in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology an added advantage.
- Database Administration, SUN Solaris or Redhat Certification.
- 5 Years working experience in an IT business environment.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux, Windows and Virtualisation Technologies.
- Knowledge of Storage and Networking Technologies.
- Proficiency with the ITIL framework.
- Infrastructure Designs Certifications.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3566569693/
Deadline: 19 April 2023
CBZ Holdings Limited
CBZ Holdings, whose full name is CBZ Holdings Limited, is a financial services conglomerate in Zimbabwe. It owns subsidiaries in banking, insurance, investments, wealth management, mortgages and retail finance.
The flagship business of the Group, CBZ Bank Limited, was founded in 1980. It was taken over by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1991, to avert looming liquidation and was renamed Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe Limited. The company was listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange in 1998. In 2005, the company rebranded, creating CBZ Bank as the main business and CBZ Holdings Limited as the holding company.