Deputy Director: Systems Support (Harare)
The Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing (ZCHPC) was created through Statutory Instrument 168 of 2019, the Manpower Planning and Development (Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing), Regulations,2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directing and overseeing the ZCHPC functions including security, design, development, installation and maintenance of hardware and software according to stakeholder needs and the strategic vision.
- Leading, managing, mentoring, and building an engineering team to deliver innovative advances in High-Performance Computing in Zimbabwe.
- Identifying and incorporating new technologies to High-Performance Computing as the new technology becomes available
- Carrying out strategic planning of technical functions specifically developing future plans for Centre systems, facilities and personnel.
- Responsible for acquisition of infrastructure equipment and software.
- Managing HPC applications, system performance analysis and cluster usage optimisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in any of the following disciplines: High Performance Computing, Computing Systems Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Telecommunication, Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a closely related Engineering field.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of outstanding performance in the design and implementation of engineering projects.
- Demonstrable capability to design, build and configure a virtualized HPC cluster.
- Demonstrable knowledge of server operating system administration.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge in parallel and distributed systems, and computer networks.
- Demonstrable understanding of data centre power, cooling and security systems.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Goal oriented, and an organized team player.
How to Apply
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience and names of at least three referees should be sent to the address below clearly indicating the vacancy applied for.
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing Centre Building
Zimbabwe Science Park 1
630 Churchill Avenue,
or email to: email@example.com
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for practical demonstration interviews.
Deadline: 14 January 2024Generate a Whatsapp Message
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing (ZCHPC)
The Zimbabwe Centre FOR High Performance Computing (ZCHPC) was created through Statutory Instrument 168 of 2019, the Manpower Planning and Development (Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing), Regulations, 2019.
High Performance Computing most generally refers to the practice of aggregating computing power in a way that delivers much higher performance than one could get out of a typical desktop computer or workstation in order to solve large problems in science, engineering, or business.