Education & Health Intern
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty. We have presence in Wedza , Bindura, Shamva and Bulawayo.
We are looking for Work Related Learning Interns for one year of Volunteerism in the family strengthening Program - Bulawayo Location.
Duties and Responsibilities
Volunteers will have an opportunity to give back to the community while gaining exposure to practical application of knowledge and developing relevant skills and establishing professional networks in programming.
The Intern will, under the supervision and training of the Education and Health Programme Officer support with facilitating access to education and health services for children, young people, caregivers and communities in liaison with the services providers, community based partners, development partners and other duty bearers.
He/she is responsible for facilitating the capacity building of Family Strengthening Program supported families, communities and duty bearers to effectively protect and care for their children sustainably in cooperation with local authorities and other service providers, enabling children who are at risk of losing the care of the families to grown within a caring and healthy family environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Studying towards a Degree in community nursing, Public Health, Education, and Rural Development related social and natural sciences/disciplines.
Skills & Competencies:
- Sound understanding of child rights, child development, family and community development, rights based programming.
- Good communication and reporting skills, computer literate, understanding and ability to apply community development participatory methodologies, self-starter.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, within and outside the organisation, develop effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Knowledge of the Project cycle management demonstrable ability with applying project management methodology to basic or routine projects to achieve stated objectives and/or outcomes.
- Demonstrates initiative and enterprise and supports others to work more effectively.
- Understands and SOS CV social, ethical and organisational standards and responsibilities in all interactions.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of certified academic certificates and a signed approval for attachment/internship letter from your college. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
NB: SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough
Deadline: 21 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
SOS Children's Villages Zimbabwe
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children's Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International - a worldwide children's social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.