Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the above mentioned vacant position on a one (1) year contract basis.
This position contributes to the development of strategic business plans, product development, and technological innovation of the organization. It helps to implement key business processes that drive the organisation forward.
The position reports to: Deputy Director USF, Postal and Courier Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct environmental scanning to identify emerging innovation trends and proactively scouting for new innovative ideas, opportunities, and partnerships.
- Support innovators in new product and service initiatives.
- Identify new market spaces and help members of the public to generate ideas e.g. setting up and running idea-generation platforms and formats like jam sessions, hackathons, and internal or external crowd-sourcing where appropriate.
- Direct seed funding assist in allocating a yearly budget to fund innovative ideas, providing an organizational home to nourish and protect new ideas.
- Design shelter for promising projects.
- Designing resource allocation processes (portfolio, stage-gate, capex, budgeting) to take potentially disruptive innovations forward from the seed stage to the market without getting killed on the way by those invested in the status quo.
- Manage the development of youth-led initiatives and develop contractual packages to fund them.
- Manage national competitions for the selection of beneficiaries for the various programs of the Innovation drive.
- Develop and manage the Innovation Drive Incubation and Mentorship Programme.
- Manage stakeholder relationships between POTRAZ, innovators, their mentors, and other stakeholders.
- Manage effective communication initiatives for advocacy and outreach, including ensuring that the Innovation Drive websites and social media pages are kept up-to-date.
- Manage the development of innovation tools and techniques to build POTRAZ's culture and capacity to innovate.
- Manage activities towards project monitoring and evaluation of the Innovation Drive.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or Business studies.
- At least 5 years relevant experience managing an Innovation Incubation and Mentorship Programme.
- A Clean Class Four Driver's Licence a must.
- Good organisational and time management.
- Analytical thinking.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Unquestionable integrity.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit applications containing a detailed Curriculum vitae including the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first).
- Position applied for.
- Copies of academic and/or professional certificates.
All applications should be submitted to the Director General, 1110 Performance Close, Mt Pleasant Business Park, Harare, or P.O. Box MP 843. Mt Pleasant, Harare in an envelope clearly marked "Application For A Vacant Post - State Post Being Applied For" to reach the Director General
NB: Only successful candidates will be responded to. An appropriate package will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
Deadline: 23 March 2023