Responsible for supervising and coordinating Hotel kitchen and food outlets operations. Also responsible for overseeing kitchen staff to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating the work of kitchen staff and manages the duty rosters.
- Participates in the preparation and serving of all meals and beverages to customers.
- Ensures that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy.
- Ensures that health and safety regulations are always followed.
- Assists in planning menus for all food outlets in the hotel and off the hotel.
- Assists in developing standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality.
- Enforces high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety throughout all kitchen areas always.
- Establishes controls to minimize food waste and theft.
- Assists In providing training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff to increase staff knowledge about good safety, sanitation, and accident prevention practices.
- Checks food products to ensure they are of good quality at all times.
- Controls food costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures in line with industry trends and best management practices.
- Supervises regular cleaning and maintenance of all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Participates in performance reviews for kitchen staff periodically using the Balanced Scorecard Performance Review System.
- Carries out any other duties as delegated by Superior.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of five (5) “O” Level subjects including English Language.
- Class 1 trade tested.
- A diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Food Science; Culinary Arts or related field.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a supervisory role.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with copies of CV and Certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 14 April 2023
Montclair Hotel And Casino
A Hotel and Casino Company with offices in Harare and Nyanga. Montclair Hotel is a 4-star establishment located in the eastern highlands area of Nyanga. It has been in existence for over 60 years and it continues to be a shining brand among local brands. Montclair is one of the largest hotels in the area and it uniquely provides guests with access to a Golf course and is the only local hotel with an in-house casino.