|Born||Tatenda Annastacia Mavetera|
May 26, 1986
|Notable work||Acted in Studio 263|
Tatenda Annastacia Mavetera is a popular Zimbabwean actress, talk show hostess and businesswoman. She rose to national stardom when she featured in Zimbabwe's first soap Studio 263 in the New Millenium. Mavetera is a politician and a member of Zanu-PF.
Mavetera was born on 26 May 1986.
Dariene and Daniel
In 2019 Mavetera was said to be studying for a Doctorate in Business Leadership. She is a holder of a Masters Degree in Strategic Marketing from Midlands State University and a BSc Management/Marketing Degree from Women’s University in Africa.
Mavetera made a mark in the acting industry when she played the role of 'Tendai Jari' in studio 263. Her acting prowess was to be hounoured in 2003 when she won a National Arts Merit Awards in the Best Actress category. After some time she quit acting and started hosting a talk show in 2005. The show was entitled 'Timeout with Tatenda', and it tackled topical issues which affect the day today lives of people. It also gave people a chance to talk about their problems and confront each other as they try to find a solution. The show only ran for one season before disappearing. In 2013, she bounced back into acting featuring in the film 'The Zimbabwe I Know'. The film was produced by renowned Nigerian star Ejike Asiegbu.
Mavetera was first elected a member of parliament in the 2018 Harmonised Elections. She joined ZANU PF and rose through the ranks to be Provincial Secretary for Indigenization. Before that she had been a national member and a provincial member in Zimbabwe Youth Council Board. She was elected Zanu-PF Seke-Chikomba women’s quota MP in 2018.
In 2008 she was dragged before the courts for allegedly helping her sister Charlotte Chivavarirwa to kidnap a Harare woman accusing her of having an affair with the latter's husband. The incident occurred when the sisters discovered an SMS from the victim's phone which was sent to Chivavarirwa's husband.
- Veneranda Langa, Mavetera’s rise from soapie actress to MP, Acting Speaker, NewsDay, Published: October13, 2020, Retrieved: March 29, 2021
- HON MAVETERA TATENDA ANNASTACIA, Parliament of Zimbabwe, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: March 29, 2021
- Joseph Katete, The rise of Tatenda Mavetera, The Chronicle, Published: July 27, 2019, Retrieved: March 29, 2021
- Zimbo Jam Network, Second NAMA Awards (2003), 'Zimbo Jam, Published: 18 Feb 2011, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- Nigel Pfunde, Makosi’s talk show lights up television, 'The Zimbabwe Mail', Published: 24 Jan 2014, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- ZL, The Zimbabwe I Know (DVD), 'Zilyfe', Published: 11 Apr 2013, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014
- , Arts Initiatives, Court Date for Studio 263 Actress, 'Zimbo Jam', Published: 25 Nov 2008, Retrieved: 22 Apr 2014