Software Development Manager
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the above mentioned position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining SMART objectives for team members to meet project deadlines and ensuring adherence to timelines and best practices.
- Overseeing all activities within the software development team.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to team members to foster enhanced productivity.
- Ensuring the diligent execution of appropriate software development procedures and processes
- Addressing performance issues and making necessary adjustments when required.
- Continuously monitoring, evaluating, and ensuring the successful completion of tasks and projects.
- Executing design plans, reviewing unit tests, and conducting testing and debugging of applications.
- Documenting software development progress and monitoring the status of ongoing software development.
- Implementing database security measures and business continuity plans.
- Participating in hands-on development where necessary.
- Collaborating closely with management, University departments and support services to enhance existing systems and create new ones.
Qualifications and Experience
- The preferred candidate should possess a Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering /Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Software Engineering.
- Additionally, a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/ Information Technology/Information Systems/Software Engineering.
- Proficiency in at least one (1) of the following: Structured Query Language (SQL), server management and configuration, cyber security, data analytics, mobile application development, cloud computing or virtualization is considered an added advantage.
- Candidates must have experience in leading development teams and a track record of designing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
- A minimum of five (5) years of software development experience with verifiable software implementation successes are essential.
How to Apply
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to: email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 07 January 2024Generate a Whatsapp Message
Gwanda State University (GSU)
Gwanda State University is a state higher education institution that is in Gwanda, Zimbabwe. The university is temporarily at the former Epoch Mine in Gwanda whilst construction takes place. The main campus shall be on an 87 hectares (210 acres) site in Gwanda, with a 2.5 hectares (6.2 acres) farm at Filabusi.
Address: Epoch Mine Campus, P.O Box 30, Filabusi