|Known for||Match fixing at ZIFA|
Henrietta Rushwaya is a Zimbabwean politician, football administrator and former CEO of the Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA). She has been linked to cases of corruption a number of times for her role in match fixing scandals in Zimbabwe.
Rushwaya trained as a teacher at Morgenster Teachers College in Masvingo and practised for a couple of years. After a stint with the Sports and Recreation Commission she went to study sports management on a scholarship in Norway. She returned in 2004 and was asked to coordinate fund raising activities for the national soccer team, The Warriors.
Match Fixing Allegations
In a match fixing scandal which is commonly referred to as the Limpopogate, in March 2016, ZIFA announced that Rushwaya had been linked to a match fixing syndicate which had been fixing games for the past 6 years and was planning to fix an upcoming Zimbabwe 2017 Nations Cup qualifiers game against Swaziland. Rushwaya admitted that she had interacted with Asian match-fixers since 2015 up to the time the scandal was unearthed but said she was working undercover to try and nail them after she promised investigators working for FIFA that she would bring the culprits to book.
In April 2016 Rushwaya was arrested following the allegations of being involved in a match fixing ring run from South Africa.
In a match fixing scandal which came to be known as Asiagate, then ZIFA CEO, Henrietta Rushwaya was accused of having organised a trip by the Zimbabwe national team to Malaysia on December 28 in 2009 during which matches are said to have been manipulated. An investigation into the matter found she was the “core central point” in the scam which involved referees, players and journalists. On the trip, Zimbabwe lost 3-0 to Thailand; beat the Malaysian champions Selangor 3-0 before losing 6-0 to Syria. An investigation by the ZIFA Board of Enquiry found that Rushwaya had been the “core central point” in the match-fixing. 
ON 26 October 2016, Rushwaya was fired after a disciplinary tribunal appointed by ZIFA ruled that she be dismissed for mismanagement and insubordination. She had been found guilty on the majority of the charges levelled against her.
In February 2012 Henrietta Rushwaya was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Commission on allegations of bribery and match-fixing linked to the Asiagate scandal. The appeared in court facing 11 counts of concealing transactions from a principal, two counts of fraud and 15 others of bribery involving US$1 million.
- In August 2014 Rushwaya was arrested on allegations of planning an attempt to extort Prophetic Healing Deliverance Ministries leader and founder Walter Magaya of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rushwaya was picked up following a report made by Prophet Magaya at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Law and Order Section at Harare Central Police Station.
Other Criminal Allegations
- In February 2008, Rushwaya was arrested and charged with attempting to defeat the course of justice after an investigation at the Attorney-General's Office into questionable circumstances that led to the Rushwaya's trial on theft charges being brought forward by two months.
- Between 2007 and 2008 she faced theft charges for stealing from ZIFA funds and was tried at the courts in 2008.
In February 2008 Rushwaya tried and failed to secure the ticket to represent Zanu PF in Gutu South in the 29 March 2008 parliamentary elections.
- In November 2015 it was rumoured Rushwaya was having an affair with popular musician, Jah Prayzah. Both Rushwaya and Jah Prayzah dismissed the rumours.
- In January 2011 it was reported Rushwaya had possibly had an affair with MDC politician Welshman Ncube.
- Rushwaya was reported to have had an exploitative relationship with popular football star Benjani Mwaruwari whom she reportedly said had bought her a car for a gift.
- Itai Dzamara, Iron Lady, Rushwaya – how the Zanu (PF) patronage system works , The Zimbabwean, Published:24 August 2007, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Darlington Majonga, Zifa CEO in new scandal, The Zimbabwe independent, Published:29 Feb 2008, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Robson Sharuko and Eddie Chikamhi, Henrietta Rushwaya fingered in match-fixing allegations as Nation Dube falls by the wayside , The Herald, Published:10 March 2016, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Ex-Zifa boss Rushwaya arrested, The Herald, Published:26 April 2016, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Nkanyiso Moyo, Match fixing: Rushwaya damned, NewZimbabwe, Published:18 October 2010, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- ZIFA ruling a “nullity”, says Rushwaya, The Herald, Published: 27 October 2016, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Tendai Rupapa, [ http://www.herald.co.zw/ex-zifa-boss-rushwaya-granted-bail/ Ex-Zifa boss Rushwaya granted bail ], The Herald, Published:6 February 2012, Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Freeman Razemba and Daniel Nemukuyu, Rushwaya arrested over Magaya case, , Published:21 Aug 2014 , Retrieved: 26 April 2016
- Henrietta, Benjani uncanny relationship exposed , , Published:17 August 2012, Retrieved: 26 April 2016