An exciting opportunity has arisen within Higherlife Foundation for suitably qualified persons to fill the role of Accountant Reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of the Foundation’s audited financial statements, monthly management accounts and board packs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews monthly management accounts and schedules and submits to the Finance Manager for further review.
- Prepares monthly cash projections in line with funding, monitors cash projections and takes corrective action.
- Coordinates the external audit process for the foundation in line with the Audit Plan and updates the Finance Manager.
- Reviews schedules and files for submission to external auditorsReviews the movement on the Balance sheet elements on monthly basis.
- Reviews annual financial statements for External Audit and submit to the Finance manager for further review.Attends and follows up on the findings of internal and external auditors and ensures any accounting systems deficiencies are addressed.
- Prepares Quarterly Management Reports and Board reports for review by Finance Manager.
- Review monthly General ledger reconciliations reports for review by Finance Manager.
- Review of invoices, Internal requisitions, approval letters and related documentsPreparation of monthly provisions and accruals.
- Identifies Risk within the fees management section and recommends to Finance Manager.
- Attends and follow up on internal audit findings.
- To control sectional expenditure and activities in line with the finance plan.
- Reviews and submits statutory payments and returns e.g. Withholding Tax returns.
- Checking the completeness of payment documents such as invoices, quotations and supplier selection lists.
- Carries out on-going evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- A professional qualification such as CA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar or related environmentAbility to work under limited supervision.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Energetic individual who is able to work in a fast paced, dynamic and performance driven environment.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers license an added advantage.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://recruitment.econet.co.zw/job/accountant-reporting/
Deadline: 10 March 2023
Higherlife Foundation (Higherlife) is a social impact organization that invests in human capital to build thriving individuals, communities, and sustainable livelihoods. Founded by Strive and Tsitsi Masiyiwa in 1996, the Foundation was first launched in Zimbabwe and has since spread its footprint to Lesotho, Burundi, Rwanda, Swaziland, South Africa, and Kenya. Higherlife Foundation implements projects in Education; Health; Rural Transformation and Sustainable Livelihoods; and Disaster Relief and Preparedness impacting millions of lives in the communities it serves.