Assistant Accountant Treasury
We are looking for enthusiastic, self - motivated and committed individuals to join our Dynamic team members for the above post. Reporting To: Accountant Treasury.
- Reference Number: Tel20234714
Assists the Accountant to assess, monitor, plan and manage the effective utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objective of the company. Assists with the accounting and administration of the Treasury Operations in respect of cash and cash equivalents and custodial services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes The Use Of Efficient Money Transmission Systems For Receipts And Payments.
- Assists The Accountant In The Preparation Of Weekly Cash Movements Report For Accountant To Include In The Finance Weekly Report For Presentation To The Finance Manager.
- Assists The Accountant To Balance SAP With Various Reports From Cash Journal General Ledgers And Check Petty Cash Balance Book And Cash On Hand.
- Recommends To The Accountant Which Payments Must Be Paid First Depending On The Liquidity Position For The Day And Funds Allocated Giving Priority To Statutory Payments To Avoid Penalties.
- Assists Accountant With Reviewing Of Cash Balances And Ensure That Deposits Are Banked In Appropriate Accounts To Optimize Efficiency And Return On Banking.
- Assists Accountant With Preparation Of Reconciliation Audit Schedules For All Treasury General Ledger Folios For Internal And External Audits.
- Reconciles All Company Bank Accounts On A Monthly Basis And That Outstanding Items Are Followed Up And Cleared.
- Posts Cash Books Into The Accounting System (SAP) On A Daily Basis And Check If It Is Reconciled Monthly.
- Checks And Authorize Goods Reservation For Finance, Issuance Of Travel And Subsistence Authority Numbers, Issue Garnish Instructions To Human Resources Department.
- Clears Company Personnel Of Outstanding Advances (T&S Allowances And Salary Advances) Upon Termination Of Employment With The Company.
- Completes All Other Related Tasks As And When Required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree In Accounting/ Finance From A Reputable University.
- Full CIS / ACCA / CIMA Qualification Will Be Added Advantage.
- Three Years’ Experience In The Accounting Environment.
- Exposure In International Financial Reporting Standards; Tax And Regulatory Legislation And Advanced Excel Skills.
How to Apply
To apply for the above post please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and if you experience any application challenges kindly contact our Human Resources Team on: email@example.com.
NB: Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.
Deadline: 21 April 2023Generate a Whatsapp Message
TelOne Zimbabwe is a parastatal telecommunications company owned by the Zimbabwe government headquartered in Harare's Central Business District. It provides Voice, Internet and Data services and has a wide network distribution with infrastructure in almost every corner of this country.